Saturday, April 24, 2010

When did you last see Jesus?

So the disciples went away again to their own homes.
But Mary was standing outside at the tomb weeping. So, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb, and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head, and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. They told her, "Woman, why are you weeping?"
She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I don't know where they have laid him." When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, and didn't know that it was Jesus.
Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?"
She, supposing him to be the gardener, said to him, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away."
Jesus said to her, "Mary."
She turned and said to him, "Rhabbouni!" which is to say, "Teacher!"
Jesus said to her, "Don't touch me, for I haven't yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had said these things to her. (John 20:10-18)

I want to share a line of thought with you that has
often been with me and I hope it makes you as uncomfortable as
it always makes me. I want to ask you a very searching question:
When did you last see Jesus? Do I hear anybody say, `What do you
mean? Nobody has ever seen Jesus in our generation. They saw him
2000 years ago, but nobody sees him now?’

But you see him every day…

Just as Mary did not recognize Jesus in the garden, we do not recognize Jesus when he appears in front of us as we go through our day. Jesus can appear as someone who needs assistance, or as someone who is there to give assistance to us. We might see him at the grocery store, or the bank, or the post office. Jesus is in all of those places.
We need to recognize that Jesus is in each one of us.

That's the good news. You can have a personal encounter with the living Christ. You come face to face with him when you experience love and mercy and when you experience forgiveness and pardon. That knowledge will revolutionize your life and you will never be the same again. There’s no thrill like the thrill of knowing Jesus Christ. There’s no emotional experience that can match the joy of knowing that you are loved.

Peace and Love,

Sue


"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)





No comments:

Post a Comment