Thursday, April 29, 2010

God is always with us

15"If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." (John 14:15-21)

God’s love is always with us. In our darkest moments when we are doubled over in pain or grief, God’s love is over us, under us, within us and all around us. Even when we do not sense His love, His love is still with us. Because God is so much with us regardless of our circumstances, we can find His comfort at any time in any place. When you need God’s love the most, He is with you. When you think you can handle all things on your own, He is with you knowing there will come a time when your ego is deflated and you will need Him more than ever. We can let our sin come between us and God. However, God does not forsake us. God is always telling us to always turn to Him, always trust in Him, always believe in Him, and always have faith in Him…all because He always loves us. Although we cannot always express our love for Him, His love remains. Although we selfishly set conditions upon God’s love for us, God always loves us unconditionally. Although we have spots and blemishes in our sin, God loves us in spite of our spots and blemishes. Although we do not always give God the praise and honor He deserves, He loves us in spite of our selfishness. Although we think we have power, God still loves us even when He knows we are small and weak. Although we have burdens and needs interfering with God’s love in us, His love always remains with us. Although our words are feeble when we talk with Him in prayer, He is always able to read our hearts in spite of our feeble words…because He always loves us and His love is always with us.

Peace and Love,

Sue



"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)





No comments:

Post a Comment