Sunday, April 18, 2010

The heavenly King reigns in His people on earth

"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Galatians 2:20

"For indeed, the kingdom of God is 'within you." Luke 17:20

"...you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him." John 14:20-21

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words." John 14:23-24

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered...." John 15:4-6


Could the reason many of us Christians live poorly is because our understanding of the Gospel has more to do with going to heaven someday than becoming part of Jesus movement now?
Does your understanding of the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven align with Jesus'?
If we understood the Gospel as the arrival of Jesus' kingdom, where we have connected with Jesus to learn His teachings, to love God by loving our neighbor, and proclaim the healing of the cross and resurrection starting now, for "the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand".
Would the people of Jesus look different, live different, and become a better witness for others?
Jesus has been given the title of the Great Teacher by many people who have studied and applied his teachings throughout history. The surprising thing is that Jesus was not the typical philosopher or preacher that people were used to. Unlike some other people Jesus tried to make His advice understandable to the common man, sometimes using stories or symbols, but always keeping His message simple, straightforward and practical.
So why is it that the message of the kingdom escapes so many of us?
Make no mistake, the Kingdom of Heaven is here. We don't have to wait for death to enter the kingdom. If you follow the teachings of Jesus, you have entered the kingdom. We help to create the kingdom in our homes, our communities, and our work. So where is the kingdom? It is everywhere you look right here on earth.

Peace and Love,

Sue

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)




No comments:

Post a Comment