Friday, May 28, 2010

Wisdom Is Meaningless

12 I, the Teacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. 13 I devoted myself to study and to explore by wisdom all that is done under heaven. What a heavy burden God has laid on men! 14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.
15 What is twisted cannot be straightened;
what is lacking cannot be counted.

16 I thought to myself, "Look, I have grown and increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge." 17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.

18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.
(Ecclesiastes 1:12-18)

We all try to be in control. Control of situations, control of events, control of people, and especially control over our future. We foolishly beleive that we can do this. What we don't realize, is that we really don't have control over anything. Earthly wisdom is meaningless
We can study, and try to learn as much as we can because we think that this is the way to gain control. We think that wisdom comes from knowledge. We think that wisdom comes when we gain wealth or power.
The real wisdom comes when we realize that the only one in control is God.

Real wisdom is giving up the fight for control, and letting God be God and have faith that God knows what we need. Real wisdom is opening of self to God and knowing that we can never be in control. Real wisdom is knowing that we do not want to be in control. Real wisdom is knowing that God knows all and God knows best. THe only real wisdom is God's wisdom.

Peace and love,

Sue

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)





No comments:

Post a Comment