Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jesus called us his friends.

15"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name".(John 15:15-16)

The friendship that Christians have with Jesus is absolutely amazing, especially when we realize that we can have a personal, intimate relationship with the Son of God, who is responsible for creating and upholding the universe. It's overwhelming to grasp the truth of what it means is to be a friend of Jesus Christ.
Real friendship looks at the heart, not just the "packaging." Genuine friendship loves for love's sake, not just for what it can get in return. True friendship is both challenging and exciting. It risks, it overlooks faults, and it loves unconditionally, but it also involves being truthful, even though it may hurt. Genuine friendship, also called "agape" love, comes from Jesus. Jesus calls us his friends and he laid down his life for us.

Peace, love, and friendship,

Sue

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)





No comments:

Post a Comment