Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My reward is with my God.

1 Listen to me, you islands;
hear this, you distant nations:
Before I was born the LORD called me;
from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.
2 He made my mouth like a sharpened sword,
in the shadow of his hand he hid me;
he made me into a polished arrow
and concealed me in his quiver.
3 He said to me, “You are my servant,
Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”
4 But I said, “I have labored in vain;
I have spent my strength for nothing at all.
Yet what is due me is in the LORD’s hand,
and my reward is with my God.” (Isaiah 49:1-4)

In this passage from Isaiah, Jesus is speaking, and calling the nations of the world to listen and pay attention. He prophetically makes reference to His human birth, being called from the womb, and being named by God while still inside the body of His mother. Of course, we are well familiar with this history, not only because of Christmas, but because Isaiah has already written of this.
This mystery of Jesus birth, death, and resurrection had been alluded to by the prophets, but it was only when Jesus walked the earth that the mystery was made manifest. None of the prophetic passages were really understandable until Jesus was revealed, and the mystery was uncovered. Jesus was his Father's spokesman, the servant of God who did his will no matter what the circumstances and no matter what the consequences.
Do you feel like your situation today is unjust? Like you've drawn
the shortest straw? Like life is not treating you fairly? God has a wonderful blessing and reward waiting for those who endure. Whether the wonderful reward God has for you is in this life or the next, rest assured, there is joy before you, if you keep on keeping on. Endure. Even if you're in this all alone, you're not in it all alone. And there is joy on the way. This attitude enabled Jesus to go to torture, crucifixion, and death. It can help each of us weather our lesser trials.

Peace and love,

Sue

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. " (1 John 4:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment