Thursday, July 15, 2010

Jesus' call to love

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. (Matthew 25:31-40)

Do you find it hard to be loving sometimes?
How is Jesus the perfect example of love?
How can we become more like Jesus?

It is easy to say love your enemies and do good,and God will reward you in heaven. Jesus showed us how by washing the feet of his friends and giving his life to us what it means to really love.
When we talk about loving one another like Jesus loves us we find that it is not always that easy to do. We look at Jesus and see how perfect he is and then look at our own lives and see how we fall so short. Jesus knew that living a life of love would be difficult for us.
That is why he gave us the Holy Spirit to help us to become like him. Love is the fruit of the Spirit. When we become Christians, the Holy Spirit lives inside of us. Because the Holy Spirit is inside us, she helps us to love, just like Jesus. The next time that you find it hard to be loving towards someone ask the Lord to help you, and he will!

Peace and love,

Sue

"Then Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me". (Luke 9:23)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a great post. The hardest thing for a Christian to do in the world today is to deny himself, take up the cross and follow our Lord. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete