Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Never Lose Hope

Before Jesus died he told his apostles "In this world you will have troubles but have courage because I have conquered the world."

Hope is something you can never afford to lose. With hope you always have a path towards peace. Whenever we get too stressed out and overwhelmed within our own life, we forget that hope. We forget that the sun always shines after a rainy day, and that this is merely a bump in the road. I find immense peace in just knowing, deep within my heart, that everything will be ok because Jesus is with me. With hope and trust in Jesus, I know that whatever is seemingly terrible, is only temporary and that soon enough, things will be just fine. This lifts off all of that negativity from my entire being, and I feel better pretty much instantly.
When all seems to be hopeless we need to pray. There are many times when we cannot face our problems on our own. Jesus is there to help us through these trying times. We cannot trust that the world will contain the answers for us. We cannot always trust others to help us, because everyone has their own problems. Jesus is there to carry us when we seem to be without hope.

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary Stevenson, 1936


God's blessings to you all,

Sue

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment