Friday, March 19, 2010

Journey to Christ

"These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men."(Matthew 15:8-9)

When I choose Jesus I began to make changes in my life. At first, the choice of living Jesus was not outwardly apparent because I was struggling interiorly- that is, I was striving to conform myself to live like Jesus. Only after some progress has been made interiorly will an outward difference be visible.. At first it was not apparent because I was working on myself- on striving to recognize and fix my own problems and imperfections through the means of prayer and my interior relationship with Christ. Eventually, an outward sign became visible. I begin to be more patient, and more pleasant to other. I did things for others without complaint. Outwardly, I still do the same job every day, but now I do it with and for Jesus. The job is the same, but now it is pleasing to God. Others soon noticed that I possess some new interior joy or happiness that originally was not there. This new joy comes from my choosing Jesus. I chose Christ and allowed Him to take possession of me, and through the relationship we now share, I now live life in a different manner and style.

I am not trying to say that i am always doing it prefectly, far from it. I have to struggle every day with my weaknesses. But I live my life joyfully, being aware of all the blessings God has given to me, and also gifts to help me to help others. My life is becomming a life of love. It is not a life of rules made by man. It is a life of kindness, compassion, forgiveness, and peace fashioned by Jesus. It is a gift I want to share with others.

Peace and Love,

Sue
"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment