Friday, January 29, 2010

We are all significant in the eyes of Jesus.

“And, oh, what a great love it is! Nothing can separate us from it. "Neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)
I have always had a great love for the writings of St. Paul. He is an inspiration in that he changed his life after his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus and he wrote with such feeling and love for the people he converted to Christianity. In this short passage from Romans, he has shared his own spirituality and has told of God’s great love for us which is unconditional and forever. It has helped me to formulate my own understanding of true spirituality and how it must be manifested in my own life.
In my quest for true spirituality, Jesus speaks to my dark side with his eternal message of love. I long for true spiritual connection with him that transcends my hurried existence and from which I can leave the world of temporary and changing and secure a sense of permanent and unchangeable. I know that I can only receive this security by developing my relationship with Jesus. Security will not come from a new age therapy, from the accumulation of wealth, nor from any of my earthly relationships. I come to Jesus, embracing my spiritual bankruptcy
and brokenness, and seek His love and acceptance. I know that I cannot come to Him on my terms, but come to Him on His terms and also with His assistance.
Jesus tells me that I am significant. He tells you the same thing.

Peace and love,


Sue

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment