Thursday, January 28, 2010

It is in the quiet that we hear God's voice.

In the busyness of our lives we seldom stop to hear the voice of those who wish to speak to us. I know that when someone is trying to speak to me as I move from one task to another, I do not hear what they are saying. I am only concentrating on the task at hand. When I am busy, I do not even listen to my own thoughts and most of the time I don't even take the time to think at all. I am driven, focused, and blind to everything that is going on around me.
In this business of mine, I could not possibly be having much conversation with God. I could not have much of a conversation with anyone in my task oriented mode. It is only when I stop my busyness, take the time to rest and listen, can I converse with God. I can hear him in my thoughts, in the stillness. When you stop and take the time to reflect, you can see how he was present to you during your day; how he spoke to you in the people that you encountered during the day. God will not tap you on the shoulder and tell you to listen to him. God will wait patiently for you to recognize that he is there with you and waits patiently for conversation with you. I feel that God speaks to you all the time, but you cannot possibly know that unless you stop, rest, and listen.

Peace and love,
Sue


"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment