Monday, December 28, 2009

What is in store for the New Year?

As we get closer to the end of the year, it is traditional to look at making New Year's resolutions.  Some of us may look at losing weight or getting more organized.  Many of us make our resolutions based upon what is seen on the outside.  Improving how we look is not as important as improving how we live and love.  It occurs to me that my main resolution for the new year is to work on developing my relationships.  I need to be more mindfull of the people in my life.  In the long run is doesn't matter whether we lose weight, although that may be an important aspect of good health; becoming more organized is good, but in the long run is relatively unimportant.
How we treat people is really what is important to a healthy life.  How we love is what is ultimately important in our relationship with God.  I am going to assume that if you read my blog on a regular basis, you are concerned with your relationship with God.  Following the will of God means "loving your neighbor".  Loving is not just an emotion, it is a choice that we make.  Jesus came to show us how to live.  He came to show us how to love.  He died for us as an example of the ultimate test of love.  In God's eyes, we are all his children, which makes us not just neighbors, but family. 
This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to go out to eat breakfast with several friends.  We ate together, we shared stories, we laughed and in doing all of this we displayed the true meaning of family and displayed love for one another.  It was a simple meal, but it was a powerful experience for me.  I went feeling a little down, and left the meal feeling very uplifted and loved.  These are the moments of my life that I will remember.  These are the moments that I want to experience more of in the new year.  I enjoy spending time with family, friends, and people in general.  However, sometimes, I do not put enough emphasis on my relationships.  I sometimes put more emphasis on work and getting things done, rather than on loving the people in my life. 
God loves us and wants us to love one another.  So, I will try to keep that in mind as I go through this new year of 2010.   I will try not to let the business in my life keep me from caring for the relationships in my life.
So when making resolutions this New Year, look at what is really important to your healthy life.  Make love a priority.  You will not be disappointed. 

Peace,

Sue

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

1 comment:

  1. hi sue

    Very Good Post on God Love and Relationship. I realy like it. I agree with you that for love and Relationship are Impotant for healthy life but without good health no one can live healthy life. Lossing weight is also a good resolution

    ReplyDelete