Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Where is God in Your Life?

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

It has been a while since I have posted anything. It would be an excuse to say that I was very busy, but I was. My book has been published and you can find it on Amazon.com.
The title: Where is God in Your Life?: Three Retreats in Christian Spirituality.
Sounds like a lofty title, but it is not meant to be so. All that is meant to do is to pass on a message. This is a message which certainly did not start with me. It began about 2000 years ago with the birth of an extraordinary man. Some call him a King, some call him a fake, some call him a great Prophet. I am very happy to say that I call him God. It is appropriate that I should have "his" book published around the time we celebrate his birth. Even though the book might list me as the author, I am another instrument he has used to put forth his message of love, hope, faith, compassion and forgiveness.
When we say the Our Father at Church or at home or anywhere there is a line I find very significant. It is "Forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us". Far be it from me to change a word in the Lord's Prayer, but I feel that the translation we recite is a little vague about God's forgiveness. The translation should read "Forgive us our sins, which we know that you do, but do not forgive us as we forgive others". I God were to hold us to our own standards, most of us would be in serious trouble. God forgives us inspite of the fact that we do not always forgive others. For me, that is a great comfort.
So during this season of Advent, as "we wait in joyful hope of the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ, reflict on your own ability to forgive. Are you withholding forgiveness for someones past transgression to you? Are you waiting for someone to ask you for your forgiveness? If so, keep in mind the words of Jesus on the cross, "Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing. He neither withheld forgiveness, nor waited for his executioners to ask for his forgiveness. He gave it freely with no strings attached; no hoops to jump through, no begging, but forgave out of love and compassion.

Enjoy this blessed season of waithing for Jesus. He has come, he is coming, and he will come again.

Peace and love to you and your loved ones.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment