Monday, July 26, 2010

In Jesus there is hope.

19and many of (A)the Jews had come to (B)Martha and Mary, (C)to console them concerning their brother.

20(D)Martha therefore, when she heard that Jesus was coming, went to meet Him, but (E)Mary stayed at the house.

21Martha then said to Jesus, "(F)Lord, (G)if You had been here, my brother would not have died.

22"Even now I know that (H)whatever You ask of God, God will give You."

23Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

24Martha said to Him, "(I)I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day."
25Jesus said to her, "(J)I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,
26and everyone who lives and believes in Me (K)will never die. Do you believe this?"
27She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are (L)the Christ, the Son of God, even (M)He who comes into the world." (John 11:19-27)
I think at times we all need to be reminded that Jesus has the power to overcome death; that he has the power to overcome everything. So what does that mean to us as Christians? It means that when we are faced with monumental obstacles, pain, and sorrow, we can turn to Jesus for help and he will be able to comfort and help us. It is when we try to face difficult situations, or devastating sorrow by ourselves that we may begin to experience feelings of hopelessness. It is at the times of greatest trouble in our lives that we should turn to Jesus. The wonderful part of this is that Jesus wants us to come to him. We will not be turned away.

Peace and love.



"Then Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me". (Luke 9:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment