Friday, July 23, 2010

Before you were born, God knew you.

4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."
7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.
(Jer 1:4-8)

Knowing that it was God who knew us, and formed us, and called us into life, is the foundation of our existence. When everything else around us is not making sense, this truth can give us the grounding that we desperately need to go on. We are all looking for a sense of meaning and purpose in our lives. Many people have not received this affirmation from their parents, but it was not their parents who knew them before they were conceived, but God. It was God who formed each one of us in our mother's womb and called us to life. It was God who set us apart for His divine purposes and plans.
I am grateful that God formed me and called me into life. However, I did not always feel that way. There was a trust factor missing in my life that only God could help me to experience. Many times the people in our lives let us down. This could be our parents, spouses, siblings, or friends. This sometimes leaves us with the feeling that we are fearful of trusting. People may disappoint us and hurt us, but God will never do that. We can always count on God to be there with us, no matter what the circumstance or situation. We can always trust that loves us.

Peace and love,

Sue




"Then Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me". (Luke 9:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment