Sunday, March 14, 2010

We know what love is.

"We know what love is because Jesus Christ gave his life for us. So we should give our lives for our brothers and sisters". 1 John 3:16

A PRAYER FOR LOVE

Teach me to love, Jesus, as You love,
Make it unconditional, honest, and kind,
To ask nothing back in return, Jesus,
To encompass the whole of mankind.

May I offer my love without speaking,
May it radiate as it shines forth from me,
May it be seen in my face and my eyes, Jesus,
May it be simple, sincere, and shame free.

Show me how to forgive, Jesus, as You do,
To not burden another with guilt,
To not play the role of the martyr,
To be a rock on which trust may be built.

Make my love for others be greater by far
Than any love that is offered to me,
Led by the Spirit, Inspired of God,
As forgiving as Jesus...and free.

by Virginia (Ginny) Ellis


I hope that you find it in your heart to love today.

Peace and love,
Sue


"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment