Saturday, March 6, 2010

God does not cause bad things to happen to good people

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS.

"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

It is sad to listen to people say that "God is testing me", "God is punishing me for something that I did wrong", "I want to keep God happy so he won't cause bad things to happen to me".
God does not make bad things happen. God is not looking to find fault with you. God is looking to encourage the best in you. God wants you to be the person you were born to be. God is not a punishing, rathfull, or angry God.
I thinks that if God were that way, he would have zapped us into oblivion a long time ago. The God I know and love is loving, caring, compassionate, forgiving, generous, and very patient. The punishing God that we may have heard about in our childhood does not exist. I know that is hard for some to believe, but it is true. God does not test us, he knows how weak we are already. God does not give us us bad things, we can find those very easily on our own. Remember, there is Satan who would like us to blame God and turn away from God.
Think of what Jesus did for us and gave up for us. Is that the sign of a vengeful, punishing God? I don't think so.
So as you go through your day, if bad things do happen, ask God to help you. Stop and talk to him right then and there. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Peace and love,

Sue



"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment