Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dedicated To My Dad

I’ll never forget
That terrible day
Someone rang to tell me
That you’d gone away

The hurt goes through me
My heart has been bound
And there are some days
I don’t utter a sound

The heartache grows stronger
It comes through in a wave
A dark sinking feeling
Like the depth of a grave.

I’ve shut my door
And let no one come in
Locking myself in silence
Feeling empty within

You were like a rock
Strong, faithful and true
My life is diminished
Since I no longer have you

In New York you were born
On a cold autumn day.
Through your life you worked hard
No one showed you the way.

You served your country with pride
A Kings Point graduate were you
An officer and gentlemen
Handsome, loyal, and true.

A family you supported
A daughter, son, and a wife
To give them the best
You dedicated your life

I was your first born
Daddy’s little girl
And I took my own path`
But was still part of your world

I was not the best
Perhaps guilty of neglect
But you know in my heart
I had so much respect

I have always loved you
My dad and my star
Now all I can do is
To worship you from afar

I love you now
As I did back then
I just hope... one day
I will see you again


I am so proud of you
Brave and strong to the end
Despite all your struggles
A kind heart did you lend

I love and miss you so much,
Now in heaven you dwell
Take care of all who went before you
As you have always done so well.


So long Dad! I’ll see you later!

By Sue Provost

"This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. " (1 John 4:9-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment