Friday, April 2, 2010

Why did Jesus come to Earth?

John 3:17 “God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.”

John 6:38-40 “I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:51 “I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

John 9:39 “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

John 10:10 “I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

Jesus 12:31 "Now the prince of this world will be driven out."

John 12:46 “I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.”

Jesus 16:11: "The prince of this world now stands condemned."

John 18:37 Pilate said to Jesus, “You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


* To many Christians, the word "ransom" sounds like sacrificial language, for we sometimes speak of Jesus as the ransom for our sins. But it almost certainly does not have this meaning in the two places that it is used in the Gospels. The Greek word translated as "ransom" (lutron) is used in the Bible not in the context of payment for sin, but to refer to payment made to liberate captives (often from captivity in war) or slaves (often from debt slavery). A lutron is a means of liberation from bondage.
Jesus came to liberate us from ourselves. Jesus came to demonstrate to us the way of living that will allow us to share into everlasting life of God.

Peace and Love,
Sue



"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment