Saturday, September 18, 2010

Make my life a prayer.

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you” (John 17:20-21).

I believe that being a follower Jesus is not something I do in my spare time, it is who I am and it defines my feelings, thoughts, and behavior. My prayer is how I live my life. My life is focused on Jesus. Jesus is my role model and the one I will always need to walk with me through life. Humans can come and go, but Jesus walks with me always and I feel Jesus presence with me as I go through my day. As I go through my day and make it my prayer, I clothe myself in Jesus.
This means I try to live like Jesus would. This is what I pray for. As I go through my day, I try to ask: Is this something Jesus would do? Would Jesus get involved in the pursuits I am involved in? This requires no specific prayer form; prayer becomes a state of being.
When I say that I put on Jesus, it means I try to do the following:
Put on his humility.
Put on his compassion.
Put on his wisdom.
Put on his forgiveness.
Put on his zeal.
Put on his patience.
Put on his love.

The following song describes how I feel about life being a prayer.

Make My Life A Prayer by Keith Green

Make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what you want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise

I wanna shine the light You gave
Thru Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You`re really there

Chorus
Well I wanna thank you know
For being patient with me
Oh it`s so hard to see
When my eyes are on me
I guess I`ll have to trust
And just believe what You say
Oh you`re coming again
Coming to take me away

I wanna die and let You give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope You gave me
The love that set me free

I wanna tell the world out there
You`re not some fable or fairy tale
That I`ve made up inside my head
You`re God the Son and You`ve risen from the dead

Chorus

I wanna die and let You give
Your life to me so I might live
And share the hope You gave me
The love that set me free


Enjoy!

Peace and love,

Sue


"Then Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me". (Luke 9:23)

No comments:

Post a Comment