Friday, December 11, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude

"Be still and know that I am God"(Psalm 46:10)

I am in Denver for a graduation this weekend. It has been a great time to reconnect with family and count blessings. God has been very good to me. I spent a wonderful lunch with my two stepdaughters just talking about all the wonderful things in our lives. It is so easy to become negative and focus on things that are going wrong. You have to develop a habit of looking at the bright side of things, things you can be grateful about. I realize the I have been very blessed in my life with family and friends that I love to spend time with.
It is easy to find fault with everything and everyone especially when things do not seem to be going our way. But, don't you know people who are always happy. They can be very annoying, can't they. Always looking on the bright side, always looking for the positive. These people also seem to be happy most all of the time.
Getting into the habit of being positive and grateful can also make for a happier person. You probably also know of someone who is always negitive, always going through some type of disaster. There is always something wrong with their lives. They also seem to be very unhappy
people.
God has given us such a beautiful world. We just need to recognize it and be grateful for it.
It is worth a try, anyway.

Peace and love to you all.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment